Thank you for your interest in Saint John the Baptist Middle School. Committed to excellence, the school’s administration, faculty and staff accept the responsibility of guiding each student through the educational process in partnership with parents.
We welcome new students, grades 6 through 8, each year into our middle school. Our open enrollment draws students – of all faiths - living across the Wasatch Front including Davis, Utah, Salt Lake, Summit and Tooele counties.
Applications for the 2017-2018 school year are currently available and are due February 15, 2017.
The complete application packet must be received by Wednesday, February 15, 2017 to be considered for current openings. Application packets will be accepted after February 15 for openings that may occur between February 15 and the beginning of the school year. Students from the 2016-2017 waiting list will not be considered for enrollment; parents must re-submit an application packet.
The general schedule for enrollment is as follows:
- September 15, 2016: Applications available.
- January/February: Reenrollment of current students.
- Wednesday, February 15, 2017: Applications due.
- Wednesday, February 22, 2017: Placement Exam (2:00pm)
- February/March: New Student Acceptance Letters Sent (Space Available Basis)
Admittance of students will be based after review of the application packet and placement exam, and according to the following priorities, as deemed by the Diocese of Salt Lake City, as space is available and at the discretion of the school’s administration:
1. Children presently enrolled.
2. Siblings of students enrolled at Saint John the Baptist Middle School.
3. Children of active members of Catholic parishes without a school.
4. Siblings of students enrolled at Saint John the Baptist Elementary and/or Juan Diego Catholic High School.
5. Children of Catholic parishes with a school.
6. Children from non-Catholic families.
Please contact Patrick Reeder (Principal) or Jean Synowicki (Assistant Principal) at (801) 984-7614 with questions and/or to schedule a tour of the Skaggs Catholic Center.