Skaggs Catholic Center: Interested parties must complete a diocesan employee application (available from the link above) and a resume, and forward them to the contact listed in the job description
- Part-Time Cleaning: The Skaggs Catholic Center is looking to fill two part time cleaning positions. The jobs are Monday-Friday from 6:00-9:45. The pay range is from $8.00 to $9.00. These positions will start as soon as possible.
Employees will be be performing general light duty cleaning of school classrooms and common areas, vacuuming, emptying garbage, etc. If you are interested, please contact Jim Markosian at 801 330 5247, or firstname.lastname@example.org
Guardian Angel Daycare: Interested parties must complete a diocesan employee application (available from the link above) and a resume, and forward them to Guardian Angel Daycare, 300 East 11800 South, Draper, Utah, 84020, or call 801-984-7135 or email email@example.com.
Guardian Angel Daycare (Draper, Utah) is currently seeking candidates for Director beginning June 3, 2019. Guardian Angel Daycare (within the confines of Saint John the Baptist Elementary) opened in 1999 under the auspices of the Diocese of Salt Lake City as an entity of the Skaggs Catholic Center. The daycare serves infants, six weeks of age, through 5th Grade students from Saint John the Baptist Elementary, and is open year-round. The Director of Guardian Angel Daycare is responsible for the operation and instructional leadership of the center. The Director trains and supervises staff, sets instructional objectives, oversees daily activities, prepares budgets and works to build rapport with all constituents. The Director is responsible for all aspects of the program.
- Active, practicing Catholic
- Commitment to modeling the values of Catholic educational leadership
- Child Development Associate (CDA) or Bachelor Degree (preferred)
- Completion of Diocesan Safe Environment requirements
- Experience in early childhood education
- Experience in instructional leadership, curriculum development, teacher supervision, and effective instruction
- Collaborative leadership style with strong interpersonal and team-building skills
- Oral and written communication and motivational skills
- Intellectual, organizational and managerial skills
- Attitudes characterized by creativity, initiative and optimism
- Knowledge and application of instructional technology
- Ability to effectively represent Guardian Angel Daycare and the Catholic Church
- Please submit the following items to Nikki Ward at NikkiWard@sjbelementary.org by Friday, April 26, 2019:
- Cover Letter
- Responses to the following:
- Describe your philosophy of childcare and early childhood education.
- What virtues (respect, responsibility, patience, flexibility, truthfulness, etc.) would others use to describe you? How would those virtues assist you as Director of Guardian Angel Daycare ?
- Guardian Angel Daycare currently has full and part time positions available in various age groups. Please email your resume and cover letter to above address.
• Must be 18 years or older.
• Must have prior experience working with children.
• Must be fun loving, enthusiastic, and work well with others.
Saint John the Baptist Elementary School: Saint John the Baptist Catholic Elementary: Position listed below, unless noted otherwise, is a full-time, 190 contract-day, salaried professional positions. Applications will be accepted until the positions are filled. Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience. Saint John the Baptist Catholic Elementary is an EO/EA/AA employer, and conducts background checks on all final candidates. Interested parties must complete an application and send a resume to Mrs. Ward, Saint John the Baptist Catholic Elementary, 300 East 11800 South, Draper, Utah 84020 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- No open positions.
Saint John the Baptist Middle School: Interested parties must complete a diocesan employee application (available from the link above) and a resume, and forward them to Patrick Reeder, Saint John the Baptist Middle, 300 East 11800 South, Draper, Utah, 84020, or call 801-984-7613 or email email@example.com.
- See HS/MS Librarian Position at Juan Diego below.
Juan Diego Catholic High School:
Positions listed below, unless otherwise noted, are full-time, 9 month, salaried professional positions. Applications will be accepted until the positions are filled. Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience. Juan Diego Catholic High School is an EO/EA/AA employer, and conducts background checks on all final candidates.
Preferred candidates will have Masters degree in their subject area, have the ability to teach across multiple subject disciplines, hold a current Utah State Teaching License, have at least two years high school teaching experience, and have expertise with Google Apps for Education, the PowerSchool student information system and the Moodle online course management system.
Applicants who have the qualifications and expertise are encouraged to apply. Applicants must complete a Diocesan Application (see Application link at the top of this page), and send an academic resume and references to: JimDuane@skaggscatholiccenter.org or remit to Juan Diego Catholic High School, 300 East 11800 South, Draper, UT 84020.
- Physics – Juan Diego Catholic High School is now accepting applications for a full-time Physics Teacher for the 2019-20 school year. Teaching responsibilities include teaching Academic, Honors and AP Physics. Eligible candidates must possess a Bachelor’s Degree in Physics or a related science field and have classroom teaching experience. Applicants must also possess an understanding of Catholic values and a commitment to uphold them. Preferred candidates will have a Master’s degree in their subject area, have the ability to teach across multiple subject disciplines, hold a current Utah state teaching license, and have at least two years teaching experience.The position is a full-time, salaried professional position. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience. Applicants who have these qualifications are encouraged to apply. Applicants must complete a Diocesan application and send an academic resume and references to: JimDuane@skaggscatholiccenter.org or remit to Juan Diego Catholic High School, 300 East 11800 South, Draper, UT 84020.
- HS/MS Librarian –
Job Summary: Under the direction of the Librarian, the Library Assistant provides a variety of Library Services to the students, teachers and staff at the Skaggs Catholic Center. This position is filled by two part-time employees working these hours to cover the Library with overlap to provide double coverage during Middle School lunch:
Hours: 5 hours/day Monday – Friday 10:15 a.m. – 3:45 p.m. (w/1/2 hr. unpaid lunch)
Additional Hours/Weeks: The Library Assistant will need to work additional hours before and during Orientation Week in August, Finals weeks in December and May, 4 Book Check dates in April/May, and the week after school is dismissed. In the event that one of the Library Assistants is ill, the other one will be asked to work additional hours.
Requirements: The Library Assistant agrees to follow all Skaggs Catholic Center and Salt Lake City Diocesan policies. Must be able to work before, during and after school hours. In the absence of the Head Librarian, the Library Assistant must be able to work independently and manage the day-to-day activities in the Library.
Physical Requirements: Must be able to sit, stand, walk, bend, kneel, reach, lift 30 lbs., climb up and down a ladder, carry books, and push a full book cart.
Book and Textbook Management: Assists students and teachers in locating library materials, and pulls books as needed. Shelves fiction library books in alphabetical order and non-fiction library books in Dewey Decimal order. Also, pulls and shelves textbooks in the appropriate location in the Textbook Room. Assists with distributing, collecting and checking textbooks. Maintains the Library and Textbook Room shelves by keeping the books in correct order.
Circulation: Assists students and teachers with checking Library books, textbooks, equipment, and other materials in and out. Uses the library software system (Follett Destiny) for maintaining patron records, circulation, holds, overdues, collection of fines for lost or damaged books, deleting damaged or outdated books, etc. Assists with weeding outdated and damaged books, and book inventory. \
Reader’s Advisory and Research Assistance: Assists students and teachers in locating books and other materials. Instructs patrons on the use and utilization of the Library Catalog (destiny.skaggscatholiccenter.
org) as well as other websites and apps, including Novelist Plus, Goodreads, etc. Is familiar with Young Adult books and genres that appeal to students in grades 6-12. Assists students who need help using book and online resources and research strategies.
Skills and Software Knowledge: Must be able to type at least 40 words/minute; has a working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Google software (Gmail, Docs, Sheets, Drawing, etc.), and research databases such as Utah’s Online Library, including EBSCO, Gale Research, etc.)
Communication: Communicates verbally and in writing in a professional manner with students, teachers, faculty, parents, administrators, and the Librarian; reads and responds to school emails; coordinates all Library activities with the Librarian.
Teaching Assistants and Volunteers: Assists the Librarian in training and working with Teaching Assistants (TAs) and Volunteers.Part-Time Pay and Benefits: $12.00/hr. Benefits offered are: 401K Contributions, Life Insurance and Tuition Discounts for schools located on the Skaggs Catholic Center Campus.
Interested applicants need to contact Sharon Phelps, Head Librarian, Juan Diego Catholic High School, 300 East 11900 South, Draper, UT 84020, phone 801-984-7620 sharonphelps@
- Cafeteria position open – Join our fun and efficient cafeteria staff from 9 am to 12pm M- F! Drop your students off at school and walk on over to work! You’re off when your student is off! Great job for a parent! If interested contact our food service director, Jackie Pappas, at 801-984-7628 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Custodial (multiple positions) – Immediate opening at the Skaggs Catholic Center for part time- 19 hours a week , and full time- 40 hours a week cleaning positions: We are seeking dependable and responsible persons to help clean the three schools and daycare on our campus.
We offer a competitive hourly wage. Full time benefits include Medical, HSA offering, dental, life insurance, sick leave, personal leave, holiday leave, a 403(b) retirement saving plan, and 401(a) retirement plan. Opportunities for overtime nearly every week.These positions will consist of mostly light cleaning such as: vacuuming, dusting, glass, mopping, disinfecting touch surfaces, dusting and other forms of cleaning. Physically, the candidate must be able to lift 35 lbs. and move tables and chairs efficiently. The possibility of operating floor cleaning/buffing machines may also be required.Both the full time and part time are evening positions for five days per week, Monday through Friday generally. The schedule does vary a bit due to holidays, and special events hosted by the center. The full time hours are 3:00pm to 11:30pm, the preferred start time for the part time job is 6:00pm to 9:45pm, however, this could be negotiable.If interested, in either position, please contact Jim Markosian, 801-330-5247 or email@example.com